- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel, thawed if frozen
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup unconverted long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan cook the onion and the corn in the butter over moderately high heat, stirring, until the vegetables are browned.
- Add the rice, stir the mixture until the rice is coated with the butter, and stir in 1 cup water and the salt.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, stirring, and cook the pilaf, covered, over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.