Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This a fantasic-tasting buttery pie, just remember to cook the butter first as this is what brings out the taste ;-)
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Over low to medium heat, cook butter in a saucepan, watching closely but not stirring, until golden brown (about 5-8 minutes) DO NOT BURN.
- Pour browned butter into a bowl; set aside.
- In a food processor, blend corn syrup, honey, sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Add the browned butter; blend again.
- Add pecans, and process with just a few on-off pulses.
- Pour the mixture into pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes; lower heat to 325 degrees; bake for another 40 minutes.
- Note: center of pie will seem a bit liquidy when removed from oven, it will set up further as it cools.
- Let cool completely.
- Serve with real whipped cream.