Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Sugar Milk Pies were called miliche flitche, or "poor man's pie," because of there simplicity of their ingredients. Mix this one up in the pie pan!
- 1 unbaked 8-inch pie shell
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the pie shell, place sugar, flour and salt.
- Mix with your fingers.
- Pour the evaporated milk over the flour and sugar BUT NO NOT STIR.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until filling just bubbles up in middle.
- The filling will never completely set, but that's the way it's supposed to be. Pie better eaten at room temperature.
- NOTE: Recipe can be doubled and prepared in a 10" inch pie shell. For that size, bake 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- (Yield: 12 serving).
this one didn't turn out for me... maybe bc it did not call for eggs? not sure, but it turned into a milky mess