Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A muffin recipe from a collection I just found and can't wait to try
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar in medium sized bowl.
- In separate bowl beat egg, milk, and butter. Add all at once to flour mixture; beat to mix well.
- Spoon into 12 greased 2 1/2" muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven about 20 minutes or until browned.
To me these were more like cake than a muffin. But on that note, it's not neccessarily a bad thing! These are moist and wonderful muffins, I ate one still warm with some apricot jam and was in heaven. They didn't rise a whole lot during baking so they don't have the look of traditional muffins, but they sure are good! Next time I might add some cinnamon to the batter for a twist. Made for Bargain Basement tag game.
These are wonderful! Super easy and I almost always have everything in the house to make them!