Recipe by Barb G.
This tangy entree is prefect for weeekday dinners and weekend entertaining. The sweet basting sauce is made while salmon starts baking in the oven.
Top Review by I'mPat
I used 2 x 180grams salmon fillets for 2 of us and made the full glaze though only used 1 tablespoon of brown sugar which was just a nice amount of sweetness for us and worked with my diabeties better. Just loved it and it was beautfully cooked in the time allotted - I cooked for 8 minutes and then poured the glaze over and baked in the oven for a further 2 to 3 minutes and we had salmon that flaked to perfection but was still moist. Thank you Barb Gertz for a delicious salmon recipe and Life Is Good for the recommendation in I Recommend Tag Game.
- 1 (1 lb) salmon fillet
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut salmon width-wise into 4 pieces; Place in a foil-lined(release foil works great)15x10x1-inch baking pan; sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard and vinegar; bring to a boil.
- Brush evenly over salmon; broil 6-inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, enjoy.