Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
from The Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook
Make and share this Brown Sugar Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Blend in the vanilla and sour cream.
- In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Fold the dry into wet, until well blended.
- Butter a 12-inch cast iron skillet.
- Pour batter evenly into skillet.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and chilled butter with fingers until well blended. Sprinkle on cake mixture. Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Bake cake for 35-40 minutes Center of cake should be firm.
- Serve warm.