Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is great to serve at a brunch where you want something a little fancy but it's also wonderful anytime you have a few extra minutes to give your bacon a brown sugar rub down.
- Preheat the broiler on your oven.
- Spray a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut bacon strips in half. (It's easier to work with shorter pieces).
- Place brown sugar in a shallow dish or pie plate.
- Dredge bacon slices in brown sugar being sure to really press the sugar onto the meat.
- Place bacon pieces on broiler pan and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Broil until bacon is done and sugar is caramelized and slightly firm.
This hardly seems right. Bacon and sugar--together? Boy, I'm riding this one till it's tires wear out. Made for PAC Spring 2011.