Bacon-Wrapped Brown Sugar Smokies
photo by becca22585
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- cut strips in bacon into 1/3's.
- wrap 1/3 cut bacon strips around each lil' smokie and secure with a toothpick.
- place one layer of bacon wrapped smokies in bottom of crockpot.
- cover completely with brown sugar.
- repeat with layer of bacon wrapped smokies.
- repeat layering until you finish w/a layer of brown sugar.
- cook in crock pot approximately.
- 3-4 hours.
I make these all the time but I bake them in the oven for about 45 mins. The brown sugar gets alittle carmelized like and crispy in places on the smokies and the sauce is yummy. I have never made them in the crockpot but I would imagine you wouldn't get the crispy carmalized stuff in the crockpot as you do the oven. So just wanted to share in case anyone wants to try them in the oven. They are YUMM!!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Happily married and living in Missouri with my husband and a dachshund we call Bruiser. Love to cook, and especially love to entertain for our friends. I love to grill, no matter the weather, or the season...everything just tastes better on the grill IMHO.