Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yuuuummmmmm.... hot apple pie... serve it with vanilla icecream and you can't go wrong!
Make and share this Brown Sugar Apple Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pie crusts, unbaked,for top and bottom crusts
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups thinly sliced, pared tart apples
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- In large bowl, mix sugars, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add apples; toss lightly to combine.
- Turn apple mixture into pie crust lined pie plate, mounding up in center to support top crust.
- Sprinkle with lemon peel.
- Dot apples with butter cut into small pieces.
- Place second pie crust on top.
- Press edges to seal.
- Cut slits for steam vents.
- Mix yolk with 1 tablespoon water; brush on crust.
- Bake 45-50 minutes , until apples are tender and crust is golden.
- Serve warm.