Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This will provide a Mediterranean flavour to that boring tuna sandwich!!
- 1⁄2 cup flaked solid white tuna
- 1 tablespoon sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon French dressing
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 1 pita bread
- diced cucumber
- diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- Combine tuna, celery, onions& olives in a small bowl.
- Stir in dressing, mayo, oregano& lemon juice and spoon into pita halves.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Take cucumbers, tomatoes& feta in a separate container to top pita at lunch time.
Wow! this I made with white bread, used green olives with a pimento stuffing(had the bottle at home), a can of Tuna in brine, left out the feta cheese but did add some cheddar and also tomatoes and cucumbers to the mix. The result was different and a hit. A real hit. Liked the appreciation I recd in the evening from my DH. ;)A five star rating DCL. Am married to a true foodie!
a wonderful sandwich with intense mediterannean flavours. All the proportions were right on, down to the squeeze of lemon juice! Thanks. Will be making this a lot.