This was so easy to make and so delicious. Do make sure you get medium sized zucchini as the larger ones can be blander. These are far more filling then they appear. I served mine with a green salad and some quinoa. I continue to be grateful to Deborah Madison for her ongoing inspiration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Lightly oil a baking dish large enough to hold the squash in a single layer.
- 3Prepare the zucchini for stuffing, halving each one and scooping out the flesh.
- 4Finely chop the zucchini and saute it in the butter, stirring frequently, until browned in places.
- 5Season with salt and combine with all the other ingredients.
- 6Fill the zucchini and set side by side in the baking dish.
- 7Broil about 6 inches from heat until browned and heated through, about 20 minutes.
- 8NOTE: I counted the saute time as part of the prep time.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Zucchini Stuffed With Gruyere and Feta
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.3 mg
- Sodium 260.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 9.3 g