Recipe by Inspiritual
This was so easy to make and so delicious. Do make sure you get medium sized zucchini as the larger ones can be blander. These are far more filling then they appear. I served mine with a green salad and some quinoa. I continue to be grateful to Deborah Madison for her ongoing inspiration.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 teaspoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup feta
- 1⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup gruyere
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped marjoram
- 1 teaspoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Lightly oil a baking dish large enough to hold the squash in a single layer.
- Prepare the zucchini for stuffing, halving each one and scooping out the flesh.
- Finely chop the zucchini and saute it in the butter, stirring frequently, until browned in places.
- Season with salt and combine with all the other ingredients.
- Fill the zucchini and set side by side in the baking dish.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat until browned and heated through, about 20 minutes.
- NOTE: I counted the saute time as part of the prep time.