Recipe by CarrolJ
This is a very simple yet tasty side dish. It is a Semi-cooked hot vegetable that gives a totally different taste and texture to cooked zucchini. I created this dish years ago because I did not care for the taste and texture of soft cooked zucchini. This has been a family favorite ever since. I am giving the ingredients for one serving and you can simply multiply it for the number you wish to make.
- 1 small baby zucchini (approx. 8 inch , not the big fat ones)
- 1 teaspoon melted butter or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch sweet paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash off zucchini, cut off ends and split lengthwise.
- Lay the split pieces of zucchini cut side up in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Pour over the butter or oil.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the cut edge.
- Sprinkle with spices.
- Broil just until the zucchini slices get a lovely light brown on the top.
- Remove from the broiler, it will be cooked ala-dente' with about half of the crunch still in it.
- It is easiest to eat with a sharp knife handy to cut into small chunks for each bite -- but make sure you get some of the spices and cheese with each bite -- hm-m-m-m.