1/1 Photo of Broiled Zucchini
This is a very simple yet tasty side dish. It is a Semi-cooked hot vegetable that gives a totally different taste and texture to cooked zucchini. I created this dish years ago because I did not care for the taste and texture of soft cooked zucchini. This has been a family favorite ever since. I am giving the ingredients for one serving and you can simply multiply it for the number you wish to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash off zucchini, cut off ends and split lengthwise.
- 2Lay the split pieces of zucchini cut side up in a lightly greased baking dish.
- 3Pour over the butter or oil.
- 4Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the cut edge.
- 5Sprinkle with spices.
- 6Broil just until the zucchini slices get a lovely light brown on the top.
- 7Remove from the broiler, it will be cooked ala-dente' with about half of the crunch still in it.
- 8It is easiest to eat with a sharp knife handy to cut into small chunks for each bite -- but make sure you get some of the spices and cheese with each bite -- hm-m-m-m.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.2
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.4 mg
- Sodium 700.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g