Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Saved long ago and found while moving.
- 1⁄4 cup no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup sake or 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, peeled, grated
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 16 ounces salmon fillets, skinned (about 1/2 inch thick)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Strain and discard gingerroot. Let cool.
- Brush both sides of fillets with soy sauce mixture. Place fillets on a rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 3 minutes.
- Turn fillets over, and baste with soy sauce mixture. Broil an additional 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Baste with soy sauce mixture.