Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a flounder brochure. I haven't tried it. Recipe doesn't say what type of cheese to try so let me know what you used if you make it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flounder fillets
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 egg white
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Place fillets on broiler rack and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil 4 inches from unit for 10 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise, cheese and cayenne pepper.
- Beat egg white until stiff and fold into mayo mix.
- Spread on fish and broil until puffed and lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
Eh, this was ok. My husband liked it, my mother-in-law didn't like the topping, and i thought it was ok. the topping was light but tasted very mayo-y to me. I don't think I will put this in the repertoire.
This recipe was delicious. I used Parmesan cheese and lite mayo and served it with a side of green beans. It's a great dish for lunchtime because it's light yet satisfying. My husband loved it.