French Broiled Flounder
photo by Pagan
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
1 fish per person
- 10 ounces flounder, cleaned scaled and ready to cook (per person)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice (per fish)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (per fish) or 1/2 garlic clove, small minced (per fish)
- 1 pinch white pepper (per fish)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (for sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil (for sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute (for sauce)
- 3 tablespoons catsup (for sauce)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (for sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper (for sauce)
- Sauce: Put all sauce ingredients [everything labeled "for sauce"] together in blender and blend until smooth and refrigerate for 2 hours to "cure" or thicken a bit.
- Prep: Score top of flounder in diamond pattern, dash carefully with lemon juice, add garlic, and sprinkle with the pinch of white pepper.
- Brush liberally with sauce and broil for 2 minutes, brushing once more. Return to broil for 2-4 more minutes or until fish is light and flaky when prodded gently with fork.
- You should have enough sauce for 8 fish, and therefore [depending on how many fish you're baking], will have sauce left over for salad, vegetable dip, etc.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Once known as KytchenWytch. Both my Wife and i love to cook, and we love to eat, so our premium membership with this site is a partnership made by the Gods. i am a short order cook by trade, and my Wife is a published movie reviewer. We both administrate our small non profit from home, which allows us to cook more often than other couples, but we still don't have a lot of time to prepare complicated meals. RecipeZaar is the best for anyone who wants a quick recipe, or needs to learn about a complicated piece of kitchen equipment...and anything in between. :) We LOVE it here! my sweet Wife has been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. i'm still learning how to cook for Her, so that Her Forever will pace with mine. i change my user name often. sorry, but i bore easily. oh, and just to warn people, i've donated my hair to locks for love, so it's short now ... VERY short. new photos will come soon. About my Icons my darling Wife took Her personal time to WitchCraft these for me. ;) She's the best. She's the greatest. She's my whole heart.