Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very fast and tasty way to make flank steak -- the spice rub on the meat is wonderful by itself. And, the chimichurri is so easy to whip up and can be made several hours in advance.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
For the steak rub
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Chimichurri sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (or 1 diced, seeded jalapeno)
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix together rub and rub onto steak.
- Broil steak in oven (about 4 inches from the heating element) approximately 6 minutes per side for medium rare In food processor, place all ingredients for chimichurri sauce and pulse until finely chopped.
- When steak is ready, remove from oven and transfer to a cutting board.
- Let cool approximately 5 minutes, then slice thinly on the diagonal.
- Serve immediately with the chimichurri sauce.
Used this recipe for the sauce and it was great served alongside a grilled skirt steak. Made as directed except substituted champagne vinegar. Thanks for the great recipe
We really enjoyed this thanks. It was a great way to use lots of fresh parsley and coriander (cilantro) given to me by my son. I added a bit of salt and pepper to the chimichurri as it seemed to need it, and I had a different cut of steak, but it worked well.
This is simply DELICIOUS! My husband and I just loved it and will make it again many times. It is really good with cheese grits and a green salad.