Christmas Carol's Note:
This chicken dish is from one of my favorite cookbooks 'Best Recipes From the backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars.' There are many vintage recipes in here... what a treasure! This one dates back to 1949 when it won the very first National Chicken Cooking Contest. I love to prepare chicken many ways, but this particular recipe showcases the chicken itself in all its juicy, tender, succulent glory. No heavy sauces or flavored breadings... just savory, golden, beautiful chicken to devour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken skin side up in a broiler pan.
- 2Rub the surface of the chicken with lemon and squeeze some of the juice onto the meat.
- 3Mix together salt, pepper and paprika in a small bowl.
- 4Sprinkle mixture over chicken.
- 5Brush chicken with 1/2 of the butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- 6Position your broiler pan as far from heat as possible and bake at 450 for 10 minutes.
- 7After 10 minutes move the broiler pan up so that chicken is 3 to 6 inches from heat in a gas range or 6 to 9 inches from heat in an electric range.
- 8Broil for about 35 minutes, and baste frequently with remaining butter, turning to ensure even browning.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Chicken Deluxe
Serving Size: 1 (542 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1419.7
- Calories from Fat 1039
- Total Fat 115.4 g
- Saturated Fat 49.0 g
- Cholesterol 467.0 mg
- Sodium 2975.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 86.4 g