1/1 Photo of Broiled Cheese Toast
Growing up, it seemed my parents would be quite creative when preparing weekend breakfast. We always had plenty on the table, even when we had to scrimp to make ends meet. When we did not have a loaf of bread, my mom would use leftover hamburger or hot dog rolls, or whatever she was able to find which would toast under the broiler. Along with our favorite weekend broiled cinnamon toast, we often would have this along with our bacon, eggs and grits. Broiled Cheese toast is a favorite childhood memory for me. I hope your family will enjoy it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place bread on cookie sheet.
- 2Spread with your desired amount of butter.
- 3Place cheese on top of butter.
- 4Sprinkle with sugar.
- 5Place under broiler; be sure to watch closely so sugar does not burn).
- 6Broil until tops are bubbly and just beginning to toast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Cheese Toast
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.6 mg
- Sodium 375.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 6.0 g