Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A new way to eat that dinosaur!
- 2 lbs alligator tail steaks, trim and slice thin
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1⁄4 lb butter or 1⁄4 lb margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh chopped or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley, dried
- Lemon Butter: Over low heat in small saucepan, melt margarine or butter and stir in the remaining ingredients; DON'T LET IT BOIL.
- Let heat through, then serve immediately.
- Broiled Alligator Tail: Lay alligator slices on a flat broiler pan, and place about 6 inches from the heating element.
- Broil for 10 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Remove the pan from the oven and brush the top of the meat with the lemon-butter sauce, making sure to coat the entire surface.
- Serve immediately.
Liked it but I added white cooking wine with lemon, it made it that much better!