Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Lightly steamed broccoli dressed up with a touch of truffle oil, a few shavings of parmesan and a spattering of crisp bread crumbs equals the best broccoli I've ever had.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process the 1/2 cup croutons until fine.
- Steam broccoli until tender crisp and bright green, about 5 minutes.
- Place broccoli in your serving dish (I usually use a casserole dish).
- Drizzle the broccoli lightly with truffle oil.
- Dust the broccoli with breadcrumbs.
- With a microplane grater, shave fine wisps of parmesan over the dish.
- Serve immediately.
Very quick, nice flavor and easy to put together. Now, I realize that everyone doesn't have truffle oil, but I do and I love the flavor of it so this was perfect. I used romano vs parm, but that didn't change the overall flavor. My croutons were a garlic/herb crouton. Make sure to use a quality crouton, some of the cheaper ones can have a stale flavor. I get good fresh ones from my local grocery store and they have great flavor. I love using croutons for a little crunch on vegetable dishes.
A very nice twist to "the same ol' broccoli."
Made for PAC 2011~