Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
I haven't tried this yet. Cooking time is a guess.
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Steam broccoli and set aside.
- Sauté onions in butter and oil.
- Add broccoli, then pine nuts and wine.
- Add lemon juice a bit at a time.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed.
I almost got my broccoli too "done". After steaming and then trying to let it absorb the liquid, it wasn't as crisp and green as I like it to be. So next time I'd just barely steam it so it is still nice and colorful and crisp. I absolutely love pine nuts, so loved the combination. Very nice and different broccoli recipe. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
This was really delicious. I used only 2 T vegan margarine, no oil, still nice and rich. It seemed like there was way too much liquid to be absorbed into the steamed broccoli and nuts, so I just simmered it for 5 min, but I thought it tasted better before simmering when the broccoli was crisper. Next time I would just stir in everything, heat through and eat. Very yummy blend of flavors.
Made this last night, it was indeed a different and tasty way to make broccoli. Very easy and didn't take long, maybe ten minutes. I will definitely make this again, thanks for sharing!