Luvs 2 Cook's Note:
The bold taste of black bean-garlic sauce mellows into a rich and warming glaze in this fast Asian-style dish. From Eatingwell.com NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 53 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrate; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 133 mg sodium.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast sesame seeds in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- 3Mix 1/4 cup water, vinegar and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- 4Add black bean sauce and stir until smooth.
- 5Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or stir-fry pan over medium-high heat.
- 6Add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 7Add broccoli and stir to coat.
- 8Add the remaining 1/4 cup water; cover and steam just until the broccoli is tender-crisp, 1 to 3 minutes.
- 9Push broccoli to the sides and pour the sauce mixture in the center.
- 10Stir until the sauce begins to thicken, about 1 minute.
- 11Stir in the broccoli to coat.
- 12Serve immediately, sprinkled with the sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli With Black Bean-Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.6
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
black bean garlic sauce