Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The bold taste of black bean-garlic sauce mellows into a rich and warming glaze in this fast Asian-style dish. From Eatingwell.com NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 53 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrate; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 133 mg sodium.
- Toast sesame seeds in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Mix 1/4 cup water, vinegar and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Add black bean sauce and stir until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or stir-fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli and stir to coat.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup water; cover and steam just until the broccoli is tender-crisp, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Push broccoli to the sides and pour the sauce mixture in the center.
- Stir until the sauce begins to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the broccoli to coat.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the sesame seeds.
I'm on a broccoli kick right now, so decided to try this recipe out. The steaming time was perfect....so the broccoli was at the right texture. I just didn't care for the flavor...I think I would prefer it with just a bit of soy with the broccoli and garlic. Or maybe less black bean sauce flavor. Maybe a personal preference, so if you love black bean sauce I highly recommend it.