Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I make this all the time, how could I not...it's so good! I hope you enjoy.
- 3 heads broccoli, cut heads into bite size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, small pieces
- 1 cup raisins (I have used what ever I have on hand)
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower seeds (without shell)
- 1⁄2 cup colby cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (to your desire)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mix dressing and set a side for a minimum one hour or overnight.
- Mix broccoli mix and dressing together (add dressing to desired creaminess). Let sit for an hour. Serve.
Whoah! This is so, so good! I love this salad, and raw broccoli is super-healthy. Here's a way to enjoy lots and lots of the stuff. Thanks for this recipe :)
I looked so hard to find a recipe for Broccoli Supreme Salad and I found one. My mom looked all the time too. The only way that I'd ever had it before this was buying it at a grocery store in the next town or once at a block party at my grandma's that her neighbour made. I used only 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar though. I found that it was a little too strong otherwise. Thank you so much. It's so tasty and deserves 6 stars.
This is excellent!! The dressing is just the one we were looking for. Sometimes we add bacon to the rest of the ingredients and most of the time we don't add the cheese because we prefer it without but its really great! We used golden raisins.