Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy, throw-together casserole. Add some cooked chicken, turkey or ham if you want to make a complete meal.
- 4 cups wide egg noodles
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli cuts
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In large cooking pot, cook noodles, drain and set aside.
- Using the same pot, add soup, cheeses& frozen broccoli.
- Season to taste and stir to combine.
- Pour into baking dish, and bake about 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
This is a great dish. I did make a couple of changes to fit the recipe to what I had on hand. I used fresh broccoli instead of the frozen, so I also added about a 1/2 soup can of water when I was mixing the soup,cheese mixture. It baked up so pretty, I almost hated to mess with it, but that thought didn't last long. I highly recommend this recipe.
This was just OK for us. I followed other reviewers advice and added 1/2 can of milk to the mixture. I only baked mine for 15 minutes and the top was starting to dry. I think with different cheeses this would be better. We didn't think the mozzarello and parmesan gave the casserole much flavor. I think maybe cheddar would have given it a better flavor. I also add the brocolli to the noodles to cook the broccoli before baking it as I like my broccoli cooked and not crunchy.
This was only so-so for us. The flavor is good, and it was certainly easy to make. But even though I added 1/2 cup of milk as suggested by others, it still came out very dry - there was nothing to bubble when it was done. I was hoping for a more "saucy" casserole. I may try again with more liquid, but most likely will keep looking. Sorry!