Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salad was a big hit at a church function I attended. The lady who brought it told me basically what she had done, and I quickly bought the ingredients and fixed the salad myself the next day so I could jot it down and share with you all. Cook time is for cooking the pasta - also allow cooling time for the pasta (at least 30 minutes). Once assembled, the salad neds to chill as well - at least 1 hour before serving.
- 2 cups uncooked small elbow macaroni, cooked,drained,rinsed in cold water,cooled
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper, seeded,in small dice
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup raisins or 3⁄4 cup sultana
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut into very small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (regular or light)
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip (regular or light)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine noodles, veggies, raisins, and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Miracle Whip, vinegar, and sugar well.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving in a covered bowl.
- Stir again before serving and adjust seasonings if needed.
- If too dry, add a an extra spoonful of may or Miracle Whip if desired.