Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taken from Nita Mahta's Quick Cooking.
- 1 cup macaroni
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 5 baby corn, cut into 1/4in slices
- 3 tomatoes, chopped very finely
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup light cream or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Boil 5 cups water with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil.
- Add macaroni and boil until almost done.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the broccoli florets, leave in hot water 2-3 mins til the pasta is completely done, strain.
- Pick out broccoli and set aside.
- Drizzle pasta with 1 tsp oil and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan, add garlic and stir.
- Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes turn soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, ketchup, oregano and chili flakes.
- Add the baby corn and broccoli.
- Stir 2-3 minutes.
- Add macaroni and stir until well coated.
- Add cream or milk, then sprinkle with cheese.
Having absolutely no idea of the intended flavor of this dish, I followed the recipe right on down & was pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out ~ Easy to prepare & a very tasty lunch when served with a couple of thick pieces of whole wheat toast! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]