Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
EASY recipe that can even be prepared the night before! Prepare as described, but do not put the stuffing mixture on top until just before baking.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 2 (16 ounce) packagesfrozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
- Mix corn, broccoli, and eggs in ungreased square baking dish (9x9x2).
- Mix margarine and stuffing.
- Sprinkle stuffing mixture over vegetable mixture and bake uncovered 1 hour at 350.
My DH really liked it. I didn't care for it. The flavor tasted ok, but the texture seemed off to me. It may because most broccoli casseroles I've tried are a creamy, cheesy concoction and not an eggy one as this was. I also used chopped broccoli, as that was what I had on hand, and that may account for part of the texture issue, but not all of it. I might add a can of low fat cream of something soup to a future version.
What a great combo and easy to do. The only thing I changed was to use fresh broccoli instead of frozen. I've kept the extra stuffing mix to do this again. . . soon. Thank you Midwest Sunshine.