Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I started sort of throwing this together a couple of years ago, I make this for company because everyone always carries on so about it. Recently, a friend needed a hand in providing a dish to pass for a pot luck at her church. I made this for her to take and I must say, it was the most popular thing there. We were asked to write out our recipes for people to share, so I thought the time had come to list it here as well. It's a very forgiving recipe so feel free to substitute to your hearts content. I would however, really recommend using the Swiss cheese--it's very good.
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) jar parmesan pasta sauce with roasted garlic
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese or 4 ounces your choice cheese
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 3⁄4-1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked penne pasta or 2 1⁄2 cups your choice pasta
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook or steam broccoli for four minutes or until crisp/tender set aside.
- Cook pasta to al dente, about 8 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large sauce pan, combine Ragu sauce, soup, cheeses, butter, and half and half over med heat until cheese is melted and mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Add broccoli, chicken, and pasta to sauce mix and stir to combine.
- Turn into a lightly greased 3 quart casserole dish, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
So good! I baked this in a 9x13 dish and it filled it right up. The only things I would change next time is to leave the pasta more al dente than usual and add some garlic, either fresh or powdered, since we like things more garlic-y. thank you for sharing your recipe! Made this for Spring PAC 09.