Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice soup to start out a meal.
Make and share this Broccoli & Cheddar Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the cheese and stock, and simmer until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli and cook until heated through.
- Season with salt, pepper, and paprika, if desired.
I made 1/2 of the recipe and had a bowl of it, along with salad, for my lunch today. I used chicken broth (canned) and felt it was an overpowering flavor, compared to all the other broccoli/cheese soups I have tasted. Next time I would go with the bouillon and water to decrease the chicken flavor, but also realized that I used broth and not stock, so that might have made the difference, so didn't take stars away from the recipe for my mistake. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
It was my first time doing a broccoli & cheddar soup. Really yummy. I'm glad I tried. I used reduced sodium chicken stock and maybe a bit less of butter. I used part-skim cheddar cheese. I didn't use the paprika. It's really yummy and creamy. I didn't have to add more liquid. Thanks Ludwigj :)
I made half the recipe and this is a delicious and creamy soup. I will make this again. Thanks for posting Ludwigj. Made for PAC Spring 2010.