Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in Family Circle magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 36 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, warmed in microwave then drained colander
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 15 ounces campbell's healthy request reduced fat low sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 medium yellow onion, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheez its cheese crackers, crushed
- Heat oven to 350. Spray a 12-cup casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Add soup, mayonnaise and onion, and whisk together. Fold in broccoli, cheese and 1/2 cup of the crushed crackers. Spoon into prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining 1 cup crushed crackers.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour, then open oven and check casserole when shaken, all but the center should be set. If needed,cook another 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before.
I made this for Christmas dinner as a replacement for the standard green bean casserole. We all loved it! Thanks for sharing with everyone!