Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was found in the 2009 cookbook, Taste of Home Best Church Supper Recipes. Preparation time does not include that needed for the salad to chill.
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 236.59 ml celery, sliced
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- 226.79 g bacon, sliced, cooked, drained (optional)
- 9.85 ml green onions, tops only, chopped
- 226.79 g can water chestnuts, sliced & drained
FOR THE DRESSING
- 473.18 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 9.85 ml white vinegar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml white onion, finely chopped
- FOR THE SALAD ~ In a large salad bowl, mix together the cauliflower, broccoli, celery, peas, cooked bacon, green onion, and water chestnuts.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator while mixing the dressing.
- FOR THE DRESSING ~ Combine mayonnaise, sugar, Parmesan cheese, vinegar, salt, and onion.
- Pour it over the salad at least one hour before serving.
Except for leaving the salt out in the dressing made as posted. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS, as this hit the spot on a light dinner for us tonight. Made for 1 2 3 hits
Except for omitting the bacon this was made as ask using Splenda for the sugar. it was a pleasure to munch, very fresh and tasty. Not at all difficult to make and this salad was enjoyed by all.
Excellent hot weather side dish. I did reduce the sugar quite a bit. We loved the interesting crunch from the water chestnuts. Thanks for posting!