Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found in the 2009 cookbook, Taste of Home Best Church Supper Recipes. Preparation time does not include that needed for the salad to chill.
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 236.59 ml celery, sliced
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- 226.79 g bacon, sliced, cooked, drained (optional)
- 9.85 ml green onions, tops only, chopped
- 226.79 g can water chestnuts, sliced & drained
FOR THE DRESSING
- 473.18 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 9.85 ml white vinegar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml white onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE SALAD ~ In a large salad bowl, mix together the cauliflower, broccoli, celery, peas, cooked bacon, green onion, and water chestnuts.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator while mixing the dressing.
- FOR THE DRESSING ~ Combine mayonnaise, sugar, Parmesan cheese, vinegar, salt, and onion.
- Pour it over the salad at least one hour before serving.