Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I like using this recipe because it doesn't have any of the "cream of" soups in it. I have also used both fresh and frozen broccoli for this recipe. Just make sure to drain any liquid from the frozen broccoli.
- 16 -20 ounces broccoli, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup Bisquick
- Layer the broccoli, ham and cheese in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Combine the eggs, milk and Bisquick and pour over the ingredients in the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
I gave this 3 stars because I didn't like the white sauce formed by the Bisquick mixture. I don't really like white sauces in general. However, My family loved it. It also needed some seasoning, which I added. I used Adobo seasoning and Mrs Dash's over the veggies and added some more Mrs Dash's to the Bisquick mixture. I also added a bag of frozen corn to the broccoli and more than 1 lb. of ham. You could easily do this with precooked chicken or turkey, which I think would be better.
This was a great, easy to throw together dinner. I used fresh broccoli which I steamed in the microwave, ham that was pre-diced and a bag of shredded cheddar. Thanks for sharing!