Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe that my mom used for years, it's definitely a comfort food
- 20 ounces chopped broccoli or 20 ounces broccoli florets
- 4 ounces American cheese, grated
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- Cook broccoli and drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Top with additional grated cheese or 1 cup french fried onion rings.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
LOVE broccoli and cheese anything! :) This was easy to make and very good. I used frozen broccoli florets that I cooked halfway in the microwave and drained. Didnt find shredded American cheese so used a colby cheese blend. Had golden mushroom soup on hand so used that along with the fried onions I had. Great flavor and no mushy broccoli. Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef - Spring 2014.
There was no way I was going to use a mushroom soup in this recipe, so substituted a cream of celery soup for it, & I used the additional cheese on top & that made for a very satisfying dish! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]