from the big book of vegetarian but might be good with some added chicken or ham.
Make and share this Broccoli and Cheese Calzones recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed, drained, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) prepared refrigerated pizza dough
- 3 green onions, chopped (white and light green parts)
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola or 1⁄2 cup other blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup packed grated Fontina cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce (I use roasted garlic flavor)
- Preheat the oven to 425. In a med bowl, mix the broccoli, green onions, ricotta, gorgonzola, parmesan and fontina. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle a large baking sheet with flour. Unfold the dough and gently stretch and/or roll the dough to an 11-inch square; cut the dough in half diagonally, forming 2 triangles. Place half of the filling in the center of each traingle. Fold one side of each triangle over the filling, forming 2 triangle calzones. Press the edges of the dough to seal. Cut 3 slits in the top of each to allow steam to escape.
- Bake the calzones for about 15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve hot with marinara poured on top or on the side to dip.