1/1 Photo of Broccoli and Cheese Calzones
from the big book of vegetarian but might be good with some added chicken or ham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed, drained, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) prepared refrigerated pizza dough
- 3 green onions, chopped (white and light green parts)
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola or 1/2 cup other blue cheese
- 1/2 cup packed grated Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce (I use roasted garlic flavor)
- 1Preheat the oven to 425. In a med bowl, mix the broccoli, green onions, ricotta, gorgonzola, parmesan and fontina. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2Sprinkle a large baking sheet with flour. Unfold the dough and gently stretch and/or roll the dough to an 11-inch square; cut the dough in half diagonally, forming 2 triangles. Place half of the filling in the center of each traingle. Fold one side of each triangle over the filling, forming 2 triangle calzones. Press the edges of the dough to seal. Cut 3 slits in the top of each to allow steam to escape.
- 3Bake the calzones for about 15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve hot with marinara poured on top or on the side to dip.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli and Cheese Calzones
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.5
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 2237.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 39.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: