Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Sausage, broccoli, cheese, and eggs are baked into a hearty casserole.
- 225 g pork sausage
- 284 g chopped frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 170 g shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 245 g ricotta cheese
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60 ml milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 7x11 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix cooked sausage, broccoli, and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese, eggs, milk, pepper, and salt.
- Spoon the sausage mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the Cheddar and ricotta mixture over the sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar.
- Arrange tomato slices on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Uncover, and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.