This recipe is from "Green Hills Garden Club Cooks...Favorite Recipes from Vicksburg, MS" (Betty Kamman). Very tasty dish!
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower for 6-8 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Arrange florets in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Stir together mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, green onions, mustard, and cayenne pepper.
- Spoon over florets.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
This was very good. I used part mayonnaise and part sour cream as I am not a big fan of mayo.<br/>I forgot to add the breadcrumbs but that wouldn't change the flavour much anyways. Thanks for the recipe, I am sure to make this again.
I made this recipe on 8/12/12 for the " Beach Party " in the Food Photo Forum. Except for using Asiago cheese and leaving out the green onions, the recipe was made as written. I really enjoyed the " tangy " taste that the mayonnaise gave this dish. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
I made this for our early Easter dinner when I was pressed for time and couldn't make an elaborate broccoli and cauliflower dish. Everyone loved this! I had no onions, so left those out, and added a little olive oil to the bread crumbs. Otherwise, it was very rich and tasty, and the cayenne added a nice little kick. I would recommend this!