Recipe by Kozmic Blues
Simple and delicious. A true Italian staple for any dinner. This recipe is just about the ONLY way my mother and grandmother cooked their vegetables!
Top Review by Annacia
As a true broccoli lover I found this a great tasting, low fat, pleasure. I made just one serving for myself but I have more broccoli in the fridge, yay! I pre-cooked it very lightly and after the pan saute it was still tender-firm (can't say it was crisp,lol) with beautiful summer green color. Cretainly a keeper.
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam broccoli over a pot of boiling water, or in a veggie steamer, for about 5 minutes.
- Feel free to steam more or less, depending on how your family likes their veggies cooked.
- Keep in mind that you will also be sautéing the broccoli in the next step.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saute for about 45 seconds to impart its flavors into the oil.
- Before the garlic begins to brown, add the red pepper flakes and broccoli to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.