Spaghetti Aioli With Anchovies & Garlic (Spaghetti Aglio E O
photo by BlondieItaliana
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 lb spaghetti
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic (refrigerated jar of chopped garlic)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Boil water for pasta.
- Meanwhile, saute' garlic, oil, & garlic powder in saucepan over low-medium heat (must not burn the garlic or it is ruined as the taste goes bad & you have to start from scratch).
- Set aside 4-5 anchovies and cut them into small pieces, reserve those for last step.
- Take remaining anchovies in can & add them to garlic & oil saute' and break them into pieces as you stir them into pan. Stir frequently. Add dash of salt to taste.
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain. Put into large pasta bowl. Add oil/garlic/anchovy mix as well as reserved anchovy pieces. Toss together & serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Born & raised in Northern NJ and now live in the NJ suburbs of New York City. <br /><br />I grew up on all the traditional Italian meals from my Grandmother's kitchen. Holiday's were parades of food of all kinds, from main dishes to desserts, but mostly I remember Gram's traditional Italian dishes around the Holiday's surrounded by all of our family. <br /><br />I love to cook everything now. I find it great to experiment & try new recipes. Most of all, I love to entertain & host dinners with family, friends & have Holidays at home with my terrific husband & our four legged furry goofball bulldog! <br /><br />===================================== <br /><br />Spring 2008: I was picked for the Pick-A-Chef Spring 2008 Contest by a wonderful chef: Chef #166642 who made my Recipe #293174 and my Recipe #285517 and lastly, my Recipe #287338 <br /><br />The link to the cookbook from that contest is: http://www.recipezaar.com/cookbook.php?bookid=199542 <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br />===================================== <br /><br />July 2008: I was just Z-mailed that I was picked for My 3 Chefs 2008 Cooking Contest by: Chef #829183 who made my: Recipe #307814 <br /><br />She Z-mailed me the link to the cookbook from that contest: http://www.recipezaar.com/cookbook.php?bookid=213150 <br /><br /><img src=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/My-3-Chefs%20banners/my3chefs2008Small.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/potluckpbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><br />=====================================</p>