Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Also known as fava beans, this should prove to be a yummy dip, though I have yet to make it, she says embarrassingly. Serving size is estimated.
- 10 1⁄2 ounces broad beans, cooked (fava beans)
- 6 ounces cream
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 pint extra virgin olive oil
- spring onion, to garnish
- chili powder, to garnish
- ground cumin, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a vegetable mouli to mash the broad beans - this will mash the bean flesh but leave the skins behind.
- Add some cream, salt, pepper and a hint of sugar.
- Add the garlic, oregano, cumin, olive oil and pepper to the broad bean purée.
- Garnish with spring onions, chilli powder, ground cumin and olive oil.