Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Also known as fava beans, this should prove to be a yummy dip, though I have yet to make it, she says embarrassingly. Serving size is estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 1/2 ounces broad beans, cooked (fava beans)
- 6 ounces cream
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 pint extra virgin olive oil
- spring onion, to garnish
- chili powder, to garnish
- ground cumin, to garnish
- 1Use a vegetable mouli to mash the broad beans - this will mash the bean flesh but leave the skins behind.
- 2Add some cream, salt, pepper and a hint of sugar.
- 3Add the garlic, oregano, cumin, olive oil and pepper to the broad bean purée.
- 4Garnish with spring onions, chilli powder, ground cumin and olive oil.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broad Bean Dip
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.1
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 235.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g