Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is a combination of a standard cheesecake with replacements for all of us living the low carb lifestyle!
- For the crust: Grind nuts in food processor to fine consistency.
- Place in bowl, add splenda, mix.
- Add melted butter and mix with spoon thoroughly until mixture is coated.
- Press crust mixture into bottom and sides of 9" springform pan, NO need to grease pan!
- Make sure crust is pressed together well, then place in preheated oven at 350 for 10 minutes.
- (at this point you can start the filling).
- Take out and let cool while you finish the filling!
- Cheesecake Filling: (TIP! instead of leaving cream cheese out all day to get to right temp, place in microwave for 1 min or so until soft!).
- Take all cream cheese and whip with mixer.
- Add splenda and mix well.
- Add vanilla, mix.
- Add cinnamon and mix.
- Start adding eggs one at a time mixing completely before adding the next egg.
- By the time you have mixed in all eggs the consistency will seem runny, that's correct-- but make sure to scrape sides of bowl and mix again.
- After completed, pour mixture into middle of crust (batter will level out) and press middle of batter with spoon to get the batter to sides of pancrust a bit.
- Place in preheated oven at 375 and bake for aprox 35-45 min-- look for edges to go brown and middle to set.
- Allow cheese cake to cool at room temp for about 2 hours before placing in fridge (otherwise, cooling to fast will cause cracking).
- Place in fridge uncovered 4 hours-- Cheesecake is ready when the bottom of the pan is cold!
Too "eggy" - need to go higher on the amount of cream cheese, I'd recommend 2 packages of cream cheese, while lowering eggs to 1 or 2. The crust on the other hand is good, but be careful not to overcook.