Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I clipped this from the newspaper years ago. I make this every year at Christmas. Cooking time doesn't include cooling time.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans or 2⁄3 cup almonds
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add sugar, cook stirring often until melted, 3-4 minute.
- Add water and corn syrup.
- Cook without stirring until 300 degrees on your candy thermometer, 15-20 min.
- ,do not undercook.
- Remove from heat.
- Imediately pour onto a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over toffee.
- Let stand 5 minute.
- Spread over candy base.
- Sprinkle nuts over chocolate; press gently.
- Cool completely, break into pieces.
- Never make candy on a humid day.