Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A recipe from Ricardo posted for ZWT8
- 226.79 g beef suet, finely chopped
- 1419.54 ml fresh raisin breadcrumbs
- 946.36 ml golden raisins
- 354.88 ml raisins
- 236.59 ml mixed candied fruit
- 236.59 ml candied citrus peel
- 10 eggs
- 158.51 ml brandy
- 78.07 ml orange juice
- 473.18 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml flour
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml brandy
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Butter two 20 x 10-cm (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans. Line with parchment paper, letting it hang over 2 opposites sides.
- In a bowl, combine the suet, breadcrumbs, raisins, candied fruit and candied peel. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to blend.
- Divide the batter between the pans. Cover and seal tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a water bath for 7 hours. The simmering water bath must be maintained halfway up the loaf pans. Add water if necessary during baking.
- Remove the puddings from the water and let cool. Unmould from the pans and wrap tightly. They can be stored for up to 3 months in a cool place or in the refrigerator.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the sugar, flour and butter. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer gently over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Tips: Freezes well.