Prep 24 hrs
Cook 20 mins
I saw something similar on TV and thought I would like to make my own. This dough rests overnight. this is awesome recipe i also added bacon to some wicked good
- 7.39 ml yeast
- 22.18 ml honey
- 28.39 ml warm water
- 1 eggs
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 89.90 ml milk, scalded
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml dill weed
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese
- bench flour
- Proof yeast and honey and warm water.
- Add the eggs.
- Add 6 Tablespoons of the butter that you have melted.
- Add warmed milk; mix.
- Add flour; dough will be sticky. ( i had to add about 1 cup more flour ,but i used jumbo eggs ).
- Knead until smooth; cover and refrigerate overnight. i put in ice cream bucket and just closed lid
- Next morning:.
- Pat out on a floured board; shape in a rectangle about1/4 inch high.
- Sprinkle with dill weed; sprinkle with cheese. Add ham here if you wish
- Roll up; cut.( i used pizza cutter worked great ) put cut side up let rise until double
- Put in a 9x13 inch baking pan that has been buttered.( i used jelly roll pan, liked that better ,i pam,ed and buttered pan ).
- Bake 20 minutes 375 degrees Fahrenheit.