Philly Cheese Steak Roll Ups
photo by mamawcarrie
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced small
- 1 small bell pepper, diced small (green or orange)
- 3 -4 button mushrooms, diced small
- 1 (12 piece) package thinly sliced steaks (e.g. Steak-umm, prepared)
- 4 -5 large tortillas
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onion, pepper and mushrooms in a small amount of cooking oil until onions are browned.
- While veggies are browning, mix cream cheese and sour cream together in a medium bowl.
- Add cooked veggies to cream cheese mixture.
- Add salt and pepper the mixture to taste.
- Spread mixture on tortillas, being careful to keep the mixture about 1/2-inch from the edges.
- Lay steak slices in a single layer over mixture.
- Roll up (like a jelly roll) tightly from one edge. Secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Put the rolls in the freezer for around 15 minutes (do not allow them to freeze).
- Remove from freezer and slice into 1/2- to 1-inch rolls.
- Serve at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>About me hmmm...well as you can see by my name, I married my favorite Repo Guy on New Years Eve 2004. We were together for a total of 10 years before I would give in...LOL. I have an awesome son who graduated High School June 2011. I am trying to convince him cooking school is the way to go, but he wants to be like Dad...what can you do? <br /> <br />We own our own Reposession Company in Fort Lauderdale that keeps us very busy. When we aren't working we are doing alot of work on our home and yard. We tend to have a lot of impromtu get togethers, mostly BBQ's by the pool and such, not too stuffy at our house. Your a guest the first time you come over, after that your part of the family and mi casa is su casa. <br /> <br />I of course love to cook, collect recipes and cookbooks and anything that has to do with food. <br /> <br />I play Bunco once a month with 11 other women that are just awesome, which we always have lots of yummy munchies at. So I am hoping I get some new recipes here to try out on them. <br /> <br />I love to read - everything from James Patterson to Laurell K Hamilton...yeah I am digging on the vampires lately. <br /> <br />Living in FLorida, I just love warm weather and spending time in the sun. I am a sun worshiper and hope to one day live on the beach. <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank><img src=http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/4811_36069_t.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank><img src=http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/candle3.png border=0 alt=Photobucket /><img src=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/bella_donata/My%20Art/Recipezaar/goldsparkle.png border=0 alt=Made by Bella14ragazza /></a></p> <p><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/2009HolidayStockingSwapAMPageSticke.jpg alt= width=350 height=102 /> <img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/tiggrr34/HolidayOrnamentSwapTag2c-1-1-1.jpg alt= width=207 height=200 /></p> <p> </p> <p><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/tiggrr34/Graphics/HolidayOrnamentSwapBanner2011-1.jpg alt= width=300 height=112 /></p>