Recipe by Dienia B.
I saw something similar on TV and thought I would like to make my own. This dough rests overnight. this is awesome recipe i also added bacon to some wicked good
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup milk, scalded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- bench flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Proof yeast and honey and warm water.
- Add the eggs.
- Add 6 Tablespoons of the butter that you have melted.
- Add warmed milk; mix.
- Add flour; dough will be sticky. ( i had to add about 1 cup more flour ,but i used jumbo eggs ).
- Knead until smooth; cover and refrigerate overnight. i put in ice cream bucket and just closed lid
- Next morning:.
- Pat out on a floured board; shape in a rectangle about1/4 inch high.
- Sprinkle with dill weed; sprinkle with cheese. Add ham here if you wish
- Roll up; cut.( i used pizza cutter worked great ) put cut side up let rise until double
- Put in a 9x13 inch baking pan that has been buttered.( i used jelly roll pan, liked that better ,i pam,ed and buttered pan ).
- Bake 20 minutes 375 degrees Fahrenheit.