Coach Keith's Note:
Try this recipe and you will never again cook a turkey or chicken without brining. A great way to prepare a turkey or chicken. This will give you a great tasting and moist bird.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 2Allow brine to cool to 40 degrees.
- 3Place bird in brine. Make sure turkey/chicken is fully submerged. You may need to put a weight (rock, etc) inside a ziplock bag and place inside turkey/chicken to keep the bird submerged.
- 4Brine the turkey/chicken for 10 hours.
- 5Keep brine below 40 degrees.
- 6Rinse turkey/chicken very well.
- 7Submerge bird in fresh water for an hour.
- 8Rinse bird very well.
- 9Dry the bird very well.
- 10You are now ready to roast, smoke, smofry or fry your turkey/chicken.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brine for Turkey or Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18877.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 46.4 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: