Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Try this recipe and you will never again cook a turkey or chicken without brining. A great way to prepare a turkey or chicken. This will give you a great tasting and moist bird.
- Mix ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Allow brine to cool to 40 degrees.
- Place bird in brine. Make sure turkey/chicken is fully submerged. You may need to put a weight (rock, etc) inside a ziplock bag and place inside turkey/chicken to keep the bird submerged.
- Brine the turkey/chicken for 10 hours.
- Keep brine below 40 degrees.
- Rinse turkey/chicken very well.
- Submerge bird in fresh water for an hour.
- Rinse bird very well.
- Dry the bird very well.
- You are now ready to roast, smoke, smofry or fry your turkey/chicken.