Recipe by Rita~
No added oil here. Just good fat from the avocado. This is a France meets Tex-Mex recipe.
Top Review by realbirdlady
A twist on traditional guacamole salads. The capers and dijon lend an interesting flavor with the avocado. The raw onion and garlic were a bit too strong for the other ingredients - I would try a little less onion, and let them soak in the citrus for a while before combining the salad. I used chopped full-size tomatoes, and omitted the cilantro.
- 4 cups grape tomatoes or 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved leaving some whole for texture
- 2 ripe avocados, seeded, peeled, and diced
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped 1/3 cup (or parsley)