Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are very simple, and you can make two flavours - coconut and chocolate. It's a bit like Brazilian fudge for those of you who haven't tried this. I like to roll the chocolate flavour in Oreo crumbs for a delicious treat.
- 1 (400 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa (for chocolate flavour) or 1 tablespoon vanilla essence (for coconut flavour)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 tablespoons desiccated coconut (for coconut flavour)
- chocolate sprinkles
- desiccated coconut, extra
- For chocolate flavour: Put condensed milk, butter and cocoa in a saucepan and cook on medium heat, stirring continually until mixture is thick and sticks to the spoon.
- Grease a plate well and put the mixture on it. Refrigerate for 30 minute.
- Take the plate out and butter your hands well. Taking a teaspoonful at a time with your hands, roll into a small ball and then roll in chocolate sprinkles.
- For coconut flavour: Put condensed milk, coconut, vanilla essence and butter in saucepan. Proceed the same as chocolate flavour, only roll in dessicated coconut when done.
Perfect-o! This hit the spot for a chocolate craving! Luckily I had all the ingredients in the cupboard. Really liked how this came together so quick and easy. I added a teeny splash of vanilla extract at the end.