Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Easy to make ahead, a bit unusual, and always a hit! Creamy molten cheeses and savory olives and walnuts blend into a rich spread.
- 15 ounces brie cheese, rind removed
- 6 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup chopped mixed olive (kalamata, green pimiento-stuffed)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, grated
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, crushed
- 1 loaf round artisan bread
- Blend first seven ingredients in microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for one minute. Remove, stir well, and heat for one more minute, or until fondue consistency.
- With a serrated knife, hollow out bread, being careful not to pierce bottom. Reserve bread cubes for dipping.
- Dust out loose crumbs from hollowed loaf, and rub with butter inside and out. Pour cheese mixture into bread bowl, wrap in foil, and keep warm at 250 until time to serve.
This was, not surprisingly, a rich and creamy spread. It didn't last at brunch! I loved the way the strong flavors all worked together, and that it was easy to make and set aside to keep warm while I worked on other things. Very handy! Made for PAC Fall 09