Recipe by Bergy
This is such an easy way to cook & serve an omelete. I like to start off with fresh fruit salad, then warm beer bread & the omelette. You may wish to have bacon etc but the brie makes for a rich omelete You may also cook the omelete on top of the stove. Pour egg mixture into a skillet, over medium temperature, cover with lid, after 3 minutes scatter the herbs, tomato then place cheese on the almost set omelete, cover again., Slip the omelet onto a serving plate and place under the broiler for a minute or two to finish melting the Brie and setting the omelete.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Oh boy, this was so good! Loved everything about it. I didn't have the chives, so subbed greeen onions. I think the next time I will add some fresh basil instead of the dill. :)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons sour cream or 4 tablespoons 2% fat cottage cheese, whipped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill weed
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 slices brie cheese, 1/4 inch thick (enough to loosely cover the omelette)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the milk& flour together add the sour cream& eggs whip until well mixed.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter an oven proof dish (a pyrex pie plate works).
- Add egg mixture and pop into the oven, when the omelete is almost cooked 8-10 minutes sprinkle the herbs over the top.
- Add the tomatores and Brie (distribute evenly).
- Broil for about 5 minutes until the omelete is firm and the brie has melted.
- Cut in half and serve cheese side up.